Friday, January 13, 2012

2011 - The feature photo.

Paragliding off the big hill in Cochrane.

Remembrance Day in Cochrane.

Finding feature photos (or stand-alones as the reporters insist on calling them) is a real challenge in Cochrane. With a large portion of the population leaving Cochrane to work in the City not a lot is happening in town during the day.

Cam Macdonald breaks boards while fundraising for the Firefighters for World Need trip to Haiti.

I have a few favourite spots around town for features but I can't really run something from the same place in every paper. This is where being a weekly paper is an advantage. So long as we make sure to shoot as many photos that go with a story as possible I don't need to produce features every day which means I can spend the time to look for great pics like the ones featured here instead of settling on the first thing I see to fill the paper.

Kids sled on one of the few snowy days in Cochrane.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment