Thursday, February 2, 2012

2011 - Animal Pictures

Horses at Rafter 6 Ranch.

A Swainson's Hawk keeps an eye out for prey from a fence post.

I should start out saying that I don't have the patience to be a really good wildlife photographer. I would love to take great shots of animals in the wild but I just can't concentrate and sit around waiting for the animals to come to me.

A seagull is lit by the setting sun as it flies past Ghost Lake.

I had some success this year shooting pics of animals for the paper some of them, such as the seagull were pure luck while others like the Osprey was more planning and patience (it helped that their nest is at the Toyota dealership in town and easy to access to photograph the Osprey).

An Osprey returns to its nest with twigs to add to it.

That said included in this post are some of my better and luckier shots of animals, not all of them wild.

A dog chases after its ball in West Bragg Creek.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment