Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 - People & Portraits

This post combines some of my best portraiture and people features. Portraits are, for me, the most challenging aspect of the job. This is mostly due to the fact that I don't shoot enough of them. Depending on what the stories are in any given week I can shoot several or I can shoot zero portraits. Setting up and using lights, especially in tight, small indoor rooms is challenging and it is easy to lose these skills if you aren't using them.

Tea on canvas artist Marie-Josee McCool displays finished work.


Lee Edwards and Dwayne Eliuk, not pictured, are working to organize a competative singles darts league.


A composite image portrait of the team Cougar Town For A Cure who participated in Cochrane's
Relay for Life on May 27 2011.

Although these next couple of pictures aren't portraits they are very much like what I would try to create if I needed to illustrate a story on an actress or play. As for the mayor, as a politician it is probably my favourite shot and works better to than a simple portrait at a desk.

Evil step-mother Devilia Hardup, played by Lisa Wood, gloats after tearing up Cinderella's ticket to the royal ball during the Cochrane Vision Theatre's performance of Cinderella Dec. 3

Mayor Truper McBride makes a speech thanking everyone for their role in getting Cochrane's Community Health Centre urgent care, lab services and diagnostic imaging facilities up and running.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment