Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rescue Animals


Although it is said that "patience is a virtue" its not one of my stronger virtues which is why I'm not much of a wildlife photographer. I'm just not good at sitting and waiting for wildlife.

I do however like pictures of wildlife. Which is why I quite enjoyed going to the Cochrane Ecological Institute where I was able to cheat and get great wildlife shots without much waiting. Since the lynx and owls and deer were in their cages it was pretty easy to get these photos.


It was especially nice to get the shots of the Lynx. After I finished photographing volunteer Konny Trosien and the baby deer (above), Lindsay, the reporter with Cochrane Eagle who was writing the story asked if we could get pictures of the Lynx. We were told that they are pretty reclusive but we could go up to the viewing tower and see.

Just as we turned to go one of the two lynx walked past the window right in front of me, it seems that the lynx was feeling contrary that day it was called reclusive so to prove the staff wrong it made an appearance and then to test my patience it paced so I could see it through the thick trees but not get a good shot for most of the time we watched it. Fortunately I managed this one good shot.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment