Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Top 10 - #6

#6 - The stages of the lunar eclipse Dec. 20 comprised of 9 separate images.

December 20 was my day off. The plan was not to touch my cameras and relax. Unfortunately for that plan I found out that their was a lunar eclipse late that night. Since the forecast was uncertain I decided to just shoot it from my back yard as opposed to driving out into the country only to have it obscured by clouds.
Once the decision was made to cover the eclipse I had to decide how. I decided to try for my first ever photo collage. To be safe I set up one camera on a tripod to cover the stages and hand held a second camera with a longer lens to get the moon once it was red in case the collage didn't work out fortunately it worked. I have some ideas that I think will make for a better shot next time but for a first try I am very happy.
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment